David Pruitt Wiki – David Pruitt Biography
David Pruitt was a seven years old boy from California who died after being infected with an extremely rare brain-eating amoeba.
He was rushed to the emergency room and then flown to UC Davis Medical Center, where he was on life support with severe brain swelling.
David Pruitt was 7-years-old.
Death Cause and Fast Facts
After being infected with an extremely rare brain-eating amoeba while swimming in a lake, David Pruitt died in a hospital. He died on August 7, according to his aunt Crystal Hayley. According to the Associated Press, the young man was rushed to the emergency room on July 30 and then flown to UC Davis Medical Center, where he received life support with severe brain swelling. Hayley created a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to treat him.
In the campaign, after the boy’s death, she wrote: “We are saddened and heartbroken to report that our sweet little David has passed away. He is now in the loving arms of our Lord and the family members who have passed before him. We rejoice to know that he is no longer in pain and that he is in the best of care. ”The GoFundMe page has raised more than $ 19K of its goal of $ 30K.
“We are still asking everyone to donate what they can and to share this information about the amoeba and PAM disease with as many people as possible. The family is extremely grateful, humbled and so blessed to know that people care so much for them and that they have prayed for them and are still praying and have donated what they can to help them through this tragic time. ”
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is commonly known as the “brain-eating amoeba.” A free-living microscopic amoeba can cause a “rare and devastating brain infection” called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM). The amoeba is commonly found in warm freshwaters such as lakes, rivers, hot springs, and on the ground.
According to the CDC, it generally infects people when contaminated water enters the body through the nose. Once the amoeba enters the nose, it travels to the brain, where it causes PAM, which is usually fatal. The infection usually occurs when people swim or dive in warm freshwater places, such as lakes and rivers.
David Pruitt GoFundMe
According to the Associated Press, the young man was rushed to the emergency room on July 30 and then flown to UC Davis Medical Center, where he received life support with severe brain swelling. Hayley created a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to treat her.