Jonny Bairstow is a famous English cricketer, who plays internationally for England, domestically for Yorkshire, and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
Jonny Bairstow Biography
Jonny Bairstow was born on 26 September 1989 in Bradford, United Kingdom. He displayed his early talent when he was chosen as the inaugural winner of the Young Wisden Schools Cricketer of the Year award.
This was for the form he showed in 2007 for St Peter’s School, York when he scored 654 runs.
Bairstow is the second son of former Yorkshire and England wicket-keeper David Bairstow and the half-brother of former Derbyshire player Andrew Bairstow.
He is often referred to as ‘Young Jonny Bairstow’, ‘Yorkshire’s Jonny Bairstow’ or ‘YJB’ by fans.
Jonny Bairstow Height
Jonny, Height is 1.78 m
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonny Bairstow
- Does Jonny Bairstow Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jonny Bairstow drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Being a son of former English Cricket, David Bairstow, and the brother of a former first-class cricketer, Andrew Bairstow, Cricket is in his blood.
- The Bairstow has become the 13th father and son combination to represent England in Tests.
- Jonny was just 8 when his father committed suicide while under depression. Later, his mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, but, she was cured after following extensive chemotherapy.
- Jonny played Football for 7 long years. He also used to play Rugby and Hockey. But, finally settled into the Cricket.
- In his debut A- list match in 2009, he got dismissed for a golden duck off the very first ball.
- He was awarded the Man of the match on debut against India in 2011 for his astonishing innings of 41 for 21 balls.
- His most memorable knock came against South Africa in 2012 Lord’s Test wherein he hammered 95 runs with the help of 13 boundaries after coming out to bat when England was reeling at 54/4. He scored a half-century in the second Inning on the match as well.
- As of 10 January 2017, Jonny has played 22 ODI and 20 T20I matches, but, hasn’t got a three-digit figure so far.
|Real Name||Jonathan Marc Bairstow|
|Profession||English Cricketer (Wicket-keeper, batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg|
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches|
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 17 May 2012 vs West Indies in London|
ODI– 16 September 2011 vs India in Cardiff
T20– 23 September 2011 vs West Indies in London
|Jersey Number||#51 (England)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Yorkshire, Peshawar Zalmi|
|Batting Style||Right Hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Medium|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||26 September 1989|
|Age (as in 2017)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Bradford, Yorkshire, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|School||St Peter’s School, Yorkshire|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– David Bairstow (Former Cricketer) |
Mother– Janet Bairstow
Brother– Andrew Bairstow (Former First Class Cricketer)
Sister– Rebecca Bairstow
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Rugby & Hockey|
|Girls, Family & More|