Rodney Reed Bio, Wiki
Rodney Reed is 52 years old American Criminal from Texas, who has imprisoned for more than 20 years for the 1996 rape and murder of Stacey Stites. He insists he is innocent, and a former prison inmate last week filed an affidavit in court saying Stites’ fiancé confessed the killing to him years ago.
Some celebrities are joining the fight to save a Texas death row inmate in light of new case developments that suggest he may be innocent. Kim Kardashian was one of the first bigtime celebrities to call for a halt in Reed’s execution, and now others are joining her.
Earlier Life and Family
Rodney Reed was born on 22 December 1967 in texas. He is from a middle-class background, and his father-mother lives in the USA for the work. We could not discover any other detail about his early life.
Rodney Reed Accused
Reed accused of the rape of Stacey Stites (19-year-old bride). Furthermore, the victim girl engaged to Jimmy Fennel. Her missing case filed on April 23, 1996, according to Wikipedia.
Later on, her dead body found near a forest. Stacey’s belt was strangulated on her. The DNA found on her body matched with Rodney. He also confirmed the DNA information.
There is a significant turning point in the case of Stacey’s boyfriend. Some witnesses proved that Jimmy suspected in the murder. Dr Phil is also trying to save Reed from the death sentence on November 20. In addition to this, he also discovered significant evidence that can save him.
Kim Kardashian Tweet
Ahead of Reed’s execution, activists and celebrities like Rihanna, Meek Mill, and Kim Kardashian West are asking Texas Governor Greg Abbott to step in, and hundreds of thousands of people have signed an online petition calling for his execution to halted.
How can you execute a man when since his trial, substantial evidence that would exonerate Rodney Reed has come forward and even implicates the other person of interest, Kardashian wrote on Twitter last month. I URGE YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
Rihanna shared a link to the online petition on Monday asking her 94 million Twitter followers to take action.
Sign this petition if you don’t believe the Government should kill an innocent man!!! She wrote.
PLEASE @GovAbbott How can you execute a man when since his trial, substantial evidence that would exonerate Rodney Reed has come forward and even implicates the other person of interest. I URGE YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
— Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian) October 19, 2019
— Rihanna (@rihanna) November 4, 2019
Rodney Reed Known Facts
- Phil is currently working on his crucial case.
- Reed lived in prison for 20 years on the murder charges.
- Fennell’s DNA not matched with the DNA found on her girlfriend’s body.
- Therefore, the case went unnoticed for a year.
- In 2019, A woman who knew Stacey and Jimmy sent a letter to the government.
- She wants to seek help for Rodney.
- In addition to this, there are some hidden details connected with them.
- The police officer threatened his partner on multiple occasions.
- Lee Clampit (Fennell’s Former Colleague) said that he behaved oddly during Stacey’s funeral rituals.
- On the other hand, Jimmy is also abusive to women.
- The Defense Lawyers of Rodney Reed asked the Supreme Court to intervene.
- Still, the appeals filed by them in the Texas court dismissed.
- According to Dr Phil, there are some theories in favour of his client.
- He visited the jailhouse for Reed’s interview telecast on October 10.